1. Start UP! Series’13- Start UP Your Science Program -Bill Morphett (Links to workshop handouts)
Start up Science Unit.docx
2. Anne MacLean’s Unit Plan: Mould Terrariums: Building a firm foundation with slimy science (Gr. 4-7) Sept. ’09
– Mould Terrariums: unit overview and introduction – MOULDTERRARIUMS_introduction.doc
– Mould Terrariums: lesson plans (detailed lesson plans, to do lists… everything you need to get organized!) MOULDTERRARIUMS_detailedlessonplans.doc
– Mould Terrariums blacklines (BLM’s) and keys (all BLM’s, notes home, answer keys etc.) MOULDTERRARIUMS_BLMsKEYS.doc
– source for jeweler’s loupes: www.the-private-eye.com
(note: if you find a Canadian source for the loupes, please post the link here.) These jeweler’s loupes are not essential. Naked eye or ordinarly magnifying glasses will work.
3. Handout from Brian Herrin’s Start UP Your Science Program Workshop (Sept 2010):
NOTE: Suggestions for posting:
a) if posting a comment: include a title/reference (e.g ‘Lesson 1 outline’ or ‘ Observation Log blackline’)
b) if posting a document for download, include a title/reference in the link name (e.g. Observationlog_revised_annemacL)
NOT SURE HOW TO UPLOAD ETC.?? No problem… it’s actually fairly easy. Go to the wikispaces tutorials to find out how (note: there are several ‘tours’ to choose from). If you would prefer, email your files to me (firstname.lastname@example.org) and I’ll upload them for you.
– Comments and questions: Please post your thoughts on the discussion link (at the top of this page)… Remember: this is an open forum for constructive collaboration… your thoughts and ideas are welcome and valuable!!